Put a group of Big Government union bosses in a room and they will inevitably push for more power, more dues money and more coerced unionism. That exactly what happened when President Obama created a board within the Office of Personnel Management. The board is pushing for more monopoly bargaining power, Government Executive reports. “The Office of Personnel Management’s Labor and Management Relations Council has unanimously approved an outline of a report due to President Obama in May on personnel issues for which collective bargaining is currently optional,” they report.
The Providentially appointed members included:
• Teamsters Public Services Division Director Michael B. Filler;
• American Federation of Government Employees President John Gage;
• National Association of Government Employees President David Holway;
• International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers President Gregory Junemann;
• National Treasury Employees Union President Colleen M. Kelley; and
President Obama, it seems, didn’t bother to appoint a representative of the taxpayers who will surely get milked in this backroom deal.